Translate

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tip Tuesday

Here is a low tech but highly effective way to make your own Rolodex cards.  I wanted to cut some large  (3" x 5") cards but didn't have that size die to use in the die cutting machine. I cut the cards by hand and tried and tried to cut the notches on the bottom but they always looked like they were gnawed instead of cut!  Then the light bulb moment happened.  Use a hole punch and punch two holes side by side.  It will look like a heart.  Cut off the little peak at the top, cut the slits at the bottom of the card and there you go, a handmade Rolodex card ready to be altered.  I rounded the corners but it's not necessary.  Are they perfect like store bought cards?  Heck no but it's a great way to recycle paper scraps and it works!  The image below shows the store bought card at top left and my workaround on the right side.

3 comments:

  1. So much neater than the 'homemade'slots I've done before & so simple I can remember it! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... what a fab idea and so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great and easy way of re-using scraps-thanks for the tip. You are the Rolodex queen!!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete